Saturday, October 30, 2010

Memories of He-Ro

I have absolutely no childhood connection with He-Ro.  Apparently this figure was designed but never made it to the store shelves. He is supposed to be an ancestor of He-man, but it doesn't fit in since his get up is far too modern. 

He-Ro was the SDCC exclusive back in 2008, and I never made any attempt to get hold of him. I wasn't too keen on what I felt was a cheap knock off on Superman. I did, however get a regular version but was happy with the green stone I got. I know collectors that went through all the trouble to ensure that they had figures with all three stones. 

The fact that one of the figures I received from Mattel was squint did not help his cause. I decided on opening him and keep the better looking one mint. He-Ro continues to be my least favorite character, and figure in the line after Mo-Larr.

No comments:

Post a Comment